Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Some words from Julia

To all of Sandra’s dear friends & family, I am Sandra’s sister, Julia, and would like to tell you how remarkable and unforgettable she was to me. Where have our lives gone! It has traveled in many different directions from one side of the world to the other. Even when we were small, for one reason or another, each time we were separated we always managed to overcome adversity. Amongst all the happy and sad times our love always held strong. She not only was my sister, she was a dear friend and more like a mother to me. Sandy & I were alike in so many ways. For instance, one weekend prior to visiting her in Manchester, I went shopping and purchased 3 dresses. When I arrived wearing one of the dresses, she began to laugh hysterically and proceeded to show me the EXACT same 3 dresses that I had purchased. We both looked at each other in amazement and laughed for hours of how we could have bought the same dresses. Sandra bestowed much wisdom- she had class, loyalty, integrity and most of all a passion for life. She had a drive for perfection in every respect with her business, her family and her home. All of you here today, know very well what an extravagant dinner party she could give, from the food to the presentation. What an art she had to arrange such an exquisite setting, even after a few bottles of her favorite wine!A time I will never forget is when I had been in the states for some time and I made my first trip home, Tony and Sandy put on this fantastic ensemble. They had tents in the garden, a magnificent band and food for a queen and of course it lasted all weekend. Sandra wouldn’t have had it any other way! She always welcomed people with open arms and everything done to the hilt. Her love for the outdoors and especially her beautiful garden, her daily walks and love for yoga were all part of her daily life. But the most important part of her life were her children (David & Kieron) and all their outstanding accomplishments. She was so proud of both of you! Not to mention her grandchildren whom she loved so much. I will miss her phone calls in the middle of the night-when she would say, “Ju-It’s Sandy, Did I wake you? I can never get the damn time right!” We would both just laugh and I would say, “I’ve only been here 40 yrs!” and she would reply “Oh Well, Is it your day off? I will miss her dearly & have decided that God needs her to redesign his garden and it’s going to take awhile. We know that you love us dearly and to not shed a tear because you are spending Christmas with Jesus this year!

No comments: