Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Requiem Mass for Sandra Lynch, Wednesday 15 November 2006

St Mary's Catholic Church, Papakura, New Zealand

Organist: Paul Gibbes : Singer: Damian Robertson

The Lord’s My Shepherd

The Lord’s my shepherd, I’ll not want
He makes me down to lie
In pastures green, He leadeth me
The quiet waters by

My soul He doth restore again
And me to walk doth make
Within the paths of righteousness
E’en for His own name’s sake.

Yea, though I walk in death’s dark vale
Yet will I fear not ill,
For Thou art with me, and Thy rod
And staff me comfort still.

My table Thou hast furnished
In presence of my foes,
My head Thou doest with oil anoint
And my cup overflows

Goodness and mercy all my life
Shall surely follow me,
And in God’s house for evermore
My dwelling-place shall be.


Story of Sandy’s Life - David Lynch

Proverbs 31, 10-31 “The Woman of Worth” - David Lynch

A capable wife who can find?
She is far more precious than jewels.

She is like the ships of the merchant,
She brings her food from far away.

She rises while it is still night
And provides food for her household
And tasks for her servant-girls.

She considers a field and buys it;
With the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard.

She girds herself with strength,
And makes her arms strong.

Strength and dignity are her clothing,
And she laughs at the time to come.

She opens her hand to the poor,
And reaches out her hands to the needy.

She opens her mouth with wisdom,
And the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.

Her children rise up and call her happy;
Her husband too, and he praises her:

“Many women have done excellently,
But you surpass them all.”


Psalm 130 - Congregation

Out of the depths have I cried unto thee,
O LordLord Hear My Voice
Let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications
If Thou, Lord, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord who shall stand
But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared
I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning
I say, more than they that watch for the morning
Let Israel hope in the Lord, for with the Lord there is mercy,
And with him is plenteous redemption
And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities

Reading John 4:7-12,17 - Rebekka Lynch

Let us love one another, for love is from God: everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love, does not know God, for God is love. God’s love was revealed among us in this way: God sent his only Son into the world so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we loved God but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins. Since God loved us so much, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God lives in us, and his love is perfected in us, that we may have confidence for the day of judgement.

This is the word of the Lord.

Gospel John 14:1-6

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Have faith in God and faith in me. In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places; otherwise, how could I have told you that I was going to prepare a place for you? I am indeed going to prepare a place for you, and then I shall come back to take you with me, that where I am you also may be. You know the way that leads where I go.” “Lord,” said Thomas, “we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” Jesus told him: “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through me.

Prayers of Intercession - Ann Benson

Loving God, we give thanks for our mother, Sandy, for the blessings in her life, for her generous love of her husband and family.

Lord hear us: Lord, graciously hear us

Dear Lord, keep close to your bosom all of the members of our extended family, those both close and far.

Lord hear us: Lord, graciously hear us

Lord, You watch over our lives. Keep us safe in our work, in our travels and help us trust in your loving providence.

Lord hear us: Lord, graciously hear us

Dear Lord. Our hearts go out to all those in this world who are less fortunate than us, to those who are scarred by disease and war. May your grace shine in the world as a sign of hope for all who struggle, and as a beacon that reminds us that, even in a broken world, change is possible.

Lord hear us: Lord, graciously hear us

Celebration of the Eucharist
Morning Has Broken - Communion Hymn

Morning has broken, like the first morning;
Blackbird has spoken like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning,
Praise for them springing fresh from the world.

Sweet the rain’s new fall, sunlit from heaven,
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass.
Praise for the sweetness, of the wet garden,
Sprung from completeness where his feet pass

Mine is the sunlight; mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play.
Praise with elation, praise every morning,
God’s recreation, of the new day.


Tributes to Sandy
David Lynch, Rebekka Lynch, Kieron Lynch, Caroline Lynch
read tributes from,
Julia Cabeza and family
Angela Clay and Family
Carol Lynch
Rory, Camilla, and Paul Lynch
Tara Lynch
Jane Greenhalgh and Family
Sandra Kristin Lynch
Therese Handley
Kieron Lynch
Caroline Lynch


“Receive her soul and present her to God the Most High.”


Amazing Grace

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me,
I once was lost, but now I’m found,
Was blind, but now I see.

‘Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved,
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through may danger, toils and snares
We have already come,
‘Twas grace that brought us safe thus far
And grace will lead us home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very special Lady, who has left behind wonderful memories during her short time in New Zealand..
We will miss you Sandy, and hold dear those memories of our times together both in N.Z and the U.K.
Love you heaps....
Russell and Ann Benson..